Okay, I'm probably going to keep this short. The wedding was beautiful- I only wish Merlin were a little more enthusiastic- he doesnt like weddings. It even quit raining right before the ceremony and dint start back up til afterward. Then we all had a nice dinner, there at the meeting hall, then everyone went home, except Pastor Dean and Becki cuz they brought their 5th wheel and were camping. The twins were absolutely adorable in their matching dresses.
The nest day Wes and I drove to St. V's were we ended up staying til thursday afternoon. His tonsil/adenoid/uvula/soft palette ectomy was scheduled for 1pm. At 5 am the following morning, one of the blood clots came loose somewhere in his throat and some carterization came loose, so he started bleeding through his mouth. And I started panicking, but didnt show it, cuz I dint want him freakin out too. I'd never seen so much blood in my life! In the end, it totaled about 4 cups of blood he had lost. It was really scary. We had to measure the amount because the doctor needed to know. So Wes would be bleeding into a basin and as soon as it started getting full, I'd switch w/ him for an empty one and then take the used one and dump it into this measuring cup. Continued doing this til there was about 4 cups total by the time they came and got him and moved him to the o.r. for more surgery, this time to re-carterize the veing that had burst. He was in there for about an hour and then the doc came out and told me everything was okay. So we ended up staying an extra night to make sure that this time the dam held. He looked so much better coming out of recovery the second time!
So now we're home and just taking it easy. Wes' appetite had returned and his spirits are high and I'm very happy and relieved.
Friday, April 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment